The Nassau Library System (NLS) is seeking a diligent, enthusiastic, customer-focused network
administrator to join our team. NLS works to support the public libraries of Nassau County, NY. As an IT
Operations Specialist you will work collaboratively to respond to helpdesk inquiries, install and
troubleshoot networking equipment, provide support for library-specific software, and work on projects
ranging from training, to documentation, to new technology evaluation.
- Works collaboratively with both NLS and member library staff to provide helpdesk support.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots networking equipment, including managed switches,
- wireless access points, and firewalls.
- Installs and troubleshoots print & time management software, library self-check software,
- and other library-specific software.
- Creates and maintains documentation for all services provided.
- Provides, and assists others in providing, training and consultations on IT-related topics to
- both NLS staff and member libraries.
- Periodic weekend, holiday, and off-hours coverage required. Individuals are generally assigned two days of weekend/holiday coverage per month.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience providing technical support or managing ITnetworks.
- Demonstrated experience in network management & in deploying network equipment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages to target audiences of varying technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Able to work effectively individually and in a team-based environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and required to use personal auto with mileage reimbursement.
- Cisco IOS and Meraki experience along with experience working with VLANs.
- Experience in troubleshooting and working with library-specific software (Biblioteca selfchecks, Comprise print & time management, Innovative Interfaces’ Sierra).
- Back-end web server support and cloud server support experience preferred. Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Apps, Linux, and/or current Windows
- Operating Systems.
- Front and back-end website experience. Experience with WordPress and other popular
- Experience providing training to non-technical audiences is a plus.
The starting salary for this full-time, benefited position is $55,000-$75,000 depending on relevant
experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits, including potential for limited telecommuting. NLS is
not subject to Civil Service. This position is part of the collective bargaining unit.
Your resume with a cover letter describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of
this position should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to applications received by August 30, 2021, but applications will be accepted
until the position is filled.
NLS is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
Published: Monday, August 16, 2021 14:52 UTC
Last updated: Monday, August 16, 2021 14:52 UTC