Salt Flats is an innovation platform with a diverse, creative group of disrupters who challenge the status quo and create tomorrow’s future, today. The winners in the digital era will be those who can harvest competitive insights and knowledge from access to strategic data and collective intelligence techniques. Our vanguard data, content and information management processes are foundational in order to further apply technology like machine learning, artificial intelligence, and cohort analysis techniques. Our data-driven and user-centric approach to information organization leverages data to create consumer experiences that maximize content ROI.
Our Insights & Analytics team is looking for a Metadata & Digital Asset Manager to support our growing consultant practice and projects. Ours is a fast-paced environment of project-based activities helping clients with all aspects of setting up the data foundation for their digital strategy. The Manager will be tasked with delivering on the day-to-day activities of analysis and recommendation to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients. Projects may range from any part of the information management life cycle from foundational data organization to metadata and enterprise taxonomy design, to data transformation and visualization, to content management strategy. This will include work in digital media distribution systems lifecycle including requirements gathering, vendor selection, configuration modeling, metadata and taxonomy design, governance program proposal, content lifecycle management, and more. This position may be local Chicago or Los Angeles.
Project Delivery and Communication
- Perform activities for project delivery including requirements gathering, business analysis, internal and external status reporting, as well as deliverable preparation and presentation
- Manage client communications as requested including managing setting up stakeholder meetings, preparing and delivering drafts for review and iteration, and tracking status
- Maintain project timeline, deliverable, and budget tracker as needed
Insights & Analytics Information Management Competency Delivery
- Perform requirements gathering activities including supporting workshop planning and facilitation, stakeholder interviews and performing analysis on captured information
- Develop metadata schemas and taxonomies based on the relative complexity of the client needs and the information system. This may include reviewing and redesigning existing schemas, controlled vocabularies, creating new schemas, and creating a crosswalk of disparate schemas. Schemas will vary from single language, single department, to multi-region, and cross-functional
- Perform business analysis and develop deliverables with oversight and guidance from management for any project on the information management program lifecycle
Internal Growth Contribution
- Contribute to business development efforts including reviewing and helping to prepare client proposals, RFP responses and statements of work
- Contribute to marketing materials including reviewing and helping to create social media posts, blogs, White papers, webinars, case studies and peer-reviewed journal articles to showcase our thought leadership
- Regularly attend and contribute to Information Management (IM) practice meetings
- Help to maintain the best-in-class deliverables, soliciting and building “qualifications” sheets, case studies and past statements of work from project teams
- Support regular trainings for non-IM staff on the principles and practices of information management
- Contribute to internal work groups as well as project efforts
- Firm knowledge of workflow, metadata and taxonomy application and best practices for system navigation and content search and retrieval
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to prioritize a large volume of work effectively and efficiently with tight deadlines
- Evidence of strong communication skills and ability to build good customer relationships with stakeholders, influencers and technical team members
- Knowledge of and experience in the consumer brands industry and/or product marketing desirable
- Experience in technical user training and technical customer support desirable
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- 3+ years of experience working with digital media, marketing, metadata and taxonomy, ideally with a Digital Asset Management (DAM) or other Content and MarTech systems (PIM, CMS, MAM)
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- 5+ years of experience working with digital media, marketing, metadata and taxonomy, ideally with a Digital Asset Management (DAM) or other Content and MarTech systems (PIM, CMS, MAM)
Salt Flats is an entrepreneurial firm that is committed to building a culturally diverse team and we encourage women, minorities and veterans to apply. We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, challenging and rewarding work, and maintain a stellar reputation among the best in the business.
We look forward to connecting with you.
Salt Flats, LLC is an EEO/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 29, 2021 18:56 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, July 29, 2021 18:56 UTC