LAC Group seeks an Integrative Support & Technology Librarian for a renowned university located in Southeast Los Angeles County. The Technology Librarian will be primarily responsible for providing leadership and coordination for the university library and will be responsible for helping the library to serve as a transformative center of intellectual exploration in an increasingly digital environment. This is a full-time onsite position.
- Provides leadership, coordination, and development of a university Digital Commons.
- Demonstrates ability to apply data skills to integrative healthcare research problems.
- Serves as the resource for planning, development, troubleshooting, and coordination of digital tools, software, and other library technology.
- Teaches and promotes the library’s instructional program based on goals and strategies derived from professional library standards and frameworks for information literacy.
- Develops strategies for collaboration, program planning, and support for interprofessional digital projects and initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison to the Data Governance, CFDE and other academic departments to assists faculty with the development of online courses, virtual research, and support delivery models.
- Attends meetings, participates in special projects, and serves on committees relating to the library, the University, and consortia.
- Ensures that the Library website provides interactive, engaging services, resources, support, workshops that students, faculty, and alumni can access 24/7.
- Experiences with one or more tools or approaches that support emerging practices for using data in developing online Library model.
- Performs acquisition of datasets via web scraping and APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
- Approaches to computational text analysis.
- Builds relational databases and creating data models.
- Understands Principles of and tools for data visualization.
- Understands Python or R for data wrangling and other tasks.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Academics the acquisition of databases and journals.
- Develops a robust Integrative Ebooks database.
- Develops and manages a multi-faceted LRC Budget.
- Oversees the LRC Website.
- Manages the LRC operations, staffing and hours.
- Master's Degree (MA) or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of related experience supervising/managing a higher education library.
- Computer skills required:
- Acquisition of datasets via web scraping and APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)
- Approaches to computational text analysis
- Building relational databases and creating data models
- Principles of and tools for data visualization
- Python or R for data wrangling and other tasks
- Digital collection management software, security, and public safety issues.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 21:16 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 21:16 UTC