One of the primary roles of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis as part of the Federal Reserve System, the nation's central bank, is to contribute to the System's mandated goals of price stability and maximum employment.
The missions of the Research Division are to support the Bank's President in monetary policy activities and to conduct high-quality economic research. The Division is composed of the Research Department and the Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute. They share their expertise with academia and policy makers through presentations, conferences, and publications.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II/III in Research Information Services (RIS), part of the Division's Support function. You will build and enhance software applications such as institutional repositories, digital archives, and other tools that support academic research activities. You will report to the Technology and Analytics Manager in Research Information Services.
Develop, test, and deploy new features for the Research Division's open source institutional repository.
Evaluate and recommend solutions that meet the needs of all partners, identifies ways to reuse code, and designs prototypes using current or latest technologies.
Develop and implement structured data and linked data that enhance and increase the discovery of research content.
Assist research economists and analysts with data retrieval through APIs. May involve writing scripts and providing some assistance with statistical software.
Maintain awareness of the latest developments in the open source and open access communities.
Find ways to incorporate latest technologies into information management workflows to increase efficiency.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; major or coursework in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) preferred.
- Minimum 2 years for level II, 3 years for level III of practical experience in application development using modern technology trends and architectural patterns.
- Technical competence in two or more industry standard application development languages, frameworks, patterns, or platforms.
- Experience in information assurance, security management, security policy, security architectures, identity management, access control solutions, and enterprise application integration.
- A professional level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Master's degree in Library and Information Sciences or a related field.
- Work experience in an academic department, library, data center, archives, or similar setting.
- Experience developing open source institutional repositories or digital archives.
- Experience working with metadata schemas and linked data.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with front-end web development.
- Experience with AWS DevOps.
- Experience with search and index technologies.
A requirement of this position is that you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank's vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as needed by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated because of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe.
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) match, and a fully-funded pension plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Generously subsidized public transportation
- Annual educational assistance
- On-site fitness facility
- Professional development programs, training and conferences
- And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 22, 2021 16:46 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, July 22, 2021 16:46 UTC