Please consider joining us in the Lehigh University Library community. We are committed to excellence in supporting teaching, learning, and research. Our highly motivated staff is known for working together on new and innovative projects and initiatives. We are one of the Open Library Environment (OLE) Initiative’s founding partners and have been actively involved in the FOLIO Collaboration since the project’s inception.
Lehigh University Library is part of a unique merged Library and Technology Services (LTS) organization. We seek a service-oriented candidate to join our Library Technology team. The Senior Library Application Developer is responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in the design, development, integration and enhancements supporting the Library Management Platform and other library applications. The incumbent serves as a liaison to library departments, participates in selected working groups to improve library systems and represents Lehigh University on technical committees for multi-institutional projects. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
- Serve as the lead developer and administrator for the FOLIO library management system and Vufind discovery tool; lead the development and deployment of software services for the FOLIO platform
- Represents Lehigh University on open source and consortia technical committees for the multi-institutional projects, such as FOLIO, VuFind, Project ReShare, LDP, SimplyE and others; in collaboration with partner institutions, model, design and develop Web Services, Micro-services and APIs for networked library environments
- Provide technical leadership in the development, integration and enhancements supporting library applications; participate in technology evaluation, selection and implementation of software solutions
- Perform library workflow analysis as well as system analysis for existing software systems; identify how to modularize software in existing and new modules to provide a microservices- based platform for library management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Software Development Experience in Java.
- 3+ years of experience with database design and web development technologies
- 2+ years of experience in developing and implementation of web services using microservices model
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery tools: Jenkins, Maven.
- Scripting languages: Shell scripting, python
- Data Exchange Format: JSON, XML
- Experience and desire to mentor junior developers
- Experience with working in Open Source community and projects
Review of applications begins on July 15, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Lehigh University provides comprehensive benefits including partner benefits. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences, identities, and abilities to apply for this opportunity to join Lehigh community.
ABOUT LEHIGH UNIVERSITY
Lehigh University is a highly competitive, research-oriented, private university located one hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City. For almost 150 years, Lehigh University has combined outstanding academic and learning opportunities with leadership in fostering innovative research. Lehigh’s four colleges provide graduate and undergraduate education to approximately 7,000 students.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 14:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 14:30 UTC