The Research Medical Library at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has an opening for a Librarian to support open access and scholarly communications initiatives. This new position will report to the Archivist and serve on teams dedicated to growing digital collections and education programs. The Librarian’s responsibilities will include:
- teaming with departments and individuals to create collections and add content to the new institutional repository
- create innovative and sustainable programming to encourage adoption of open educational resources
- create engaging online education and web content to support scholarly communication
- provide consultation services for faculty and trainees regarding author rights, copyright, open access, and compliance with public access requirements for federally funded research
- support faculty and administrators in their understanding of bibliometrics for assessment, visualization, and reporting of impactful outcomes from research, education, and clinical care
We’re looking for candidates that have strong communication skills, a passion for finding information and engaging in research, enjoy teaching and working one-on-one with faculty, and want to work as part of a team of librarians and editing professionals. While experience working in academic or medical libraries is preferred, new MLS graduates are encouraged to apply.
Diversity and inclusion at MD Anderson are not just important; they are essential. We are interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity as part of #oneMDAnderson.
Anticipated start date
MLS or MIS from an ALA-accredited institution
Experience working in an academic or medical library. Experience working with digital collections.
Submit applications to Human Resources at http://m.rfer.us/MDAfCLUIg. Position will remain open until filled. Anticipated start date August 2021.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 16:08 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 16:08 UTC