Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Systems Librarian administers the library’s systems, web site, software, and equipment. Provides leadership for electronic resource management and online library services by investigating, planning, recommending, designing, implementing, and administering established and new library technology. Works in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology to develop and deliver library technology services and to anticipate and meet emerging technology needs. This position will also serve as liaison to academic departments as assigned and as a member of the faculty with rank, but without tenure, as per the Susquehanna Faculty handbook.
• Identify, evaluate, and select new and replacement library software and databases
• Maintain the Library Services Platform (LSP), library databases, and other electronic resources
• Work collaboratively to ensure proper function of all electronic databases. Serve as a first point of contact for troubleshooting access to electronic resources and other library technology issues
• Liaise with the Office of Information Technology to ensure seamless integration with library systems and the campus infrastructure including occasional attendance at IT department meetings.
• Collaborates with Information Technology to support SU 2.0 process including development of cloud strategy.
• Provide liaison support to academic departments for curriculum-related, research and collection development activities.
• Stay up to date on current industry trends in discovery, search and delivery systems
• Advise on library’s technology budget for hardware/software upgrades/replacements
• Serve as library’s technology representative to relevant library consortia
ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library science or equivalent.
At least two years of experience working with library systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to support library-specific software (such as Alma, Primo VE, ILLiad, Springshare, ArchivesSpace) and library-specific hardware (label printers, microform machines, scanners)
• Ability to implement and manage library applications and electronic resource systems
• Knowledge of MARC format and other cataloging principles
• Knowledge of EZProxy or other authentication software
• Knowledge of web publishing platforms (such as Omeka, WordPress) as well as image and text repository applications (such as CONTENTdm, Digital Commons, Islandora)
• Skilled at oral and written communication
• Ability to support research and information needs of students and faculty in a liberal arts setting
• Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Working conditions are indoor.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 19:37 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 19:37 UTC