The Center for Open Science (COS) is looking for an Engagement Lead to support community engagement, communication, user support, and evaluate trends to support open science behavior adoption and the COS mission.
Founded in 2013, COS is a non-profit technology company whose mission is to increase the openness, integrity, and reproducibility of research. We’ve initiated large-scale reproducibility studies, challenged the incentive models of science publication, and built the OSF (the premier online framework for ensuring that science is open and available). All of our software is free and open source, and we want to apply the same transparent and open principles to science.
The Engagement Lead will be part of the Product team and plays an essential role in COS’s ability to provide excellent community and client experiences as part of our user-centric product development. The position will support the product vision through effective and efficient management of client and user relationships, communication, and ensure user success in open science behaviors with our products and services. The Engagement Lead is a highly cross-functional role responsible for supporting COS’s mission through the effective understanding, support, and articulation of products and services to our stakeholders, clients and users.
- Extremely knowledgeable on general product capabilities in order to promote the product within research communities and respond to user queries.
- Cultivate strong and trusted community and user relationships.
- Support communications plan and community engagement program by interacting with stakeholders in the research community.
- Draft and distribute content and resources that promote the products, as well as accomplishments of product users with the member community.
- Facilitate inter-team communication to solicit feedback and/or develop user resources.
- Assist with creating and managing content for social media platforms (twitter, facebook, blog).
- Provide product overviews for new community members
- Lead or facilitate COS workshops for members and research communities.
- Manage user support help desk, responding to user reports of issues and feature requests by coordinating with product, engineering, and quality assurance teams to ensure prompt resolution.
- Own development and maintenance of product help documentation with support from product owners.
- Report on customer relations activities regularly, triage feature requests and evaluate user support trends.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience working in a research-oriented environment.
Experience in customer/community engagement role or supporting online communities.
Desire to work as a team player and seek opportunities to collaborate within and across teams to advance outcomes.
Experienced multi-tasker with ability to handle and prioritize various tasks.
Adaptive to rapidly changing demands and multiple priorities in a high performance workplace.
Strong analytical, organizational, and documentation skills with excellent attention to detail.
Self-starting, industrious, creative, and independent worker who continually seeks new challenges and responsibilities.
Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Project Management systems and customer interfacing systems such as Zendesk.
Education and Experience
Experience within research or scientific environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
1+ years experience in communications, engagement or other related position
- 401(k) with employer match. COS offers a matching contribution of 100% up to 3% of pay and another 50% up to 5% of pay (the full match will be 4% if participants elect to defer 5%).
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. COS covers 100% of employee premium and 50% of all dependent coverage costs under the base plan
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) in year one in addition to paid holidays.
- COS offers paid leave for up to three (3) months to all regular full-time employees to care for their child after birth, after or during the adoption process, or to care for their spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition as well as for the employee’s own serious health condition.
- Modern office space and other amenities.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter here (https://jobs.lever.co/cos/93c5787b-4729-4dd1-afa4-110a2af775d6). The cover letter should articulate your interest in this position and reflect on the question, “How can your unique background support open science communities?”. Questions about the position and COS are welcome and can be directed to email@example.com.
COS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also strongly encourage applications from members of groups underrepresented in science and technology industries.
How to apply
Published: Friday, June 11, 2021 22:13 UTC
Last updated: Friday, June 11, 2021 22:13 UTC