Assistant/Associate Professor, Digital Services Librarian
The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for emerging technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are actively engaged in the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners. Additionally, a successful candidate will demonstrate collegiality, an appreciation for diversity, and the ability to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
You will be offered a competitive salary (minimum $55,000 annually) for this 11-month position and benefits package, including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, and have the flexibility to cultivate programming from the ground up.
Application review begins May 20, 2021, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://jobs.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit eeo.okstate.edu.
What You'll Do
As Assistant/Associate Professor, Digital Services Librarian, you will:
- Work collaboratively to support digital projects and develop new initiatives
- Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the library's licensed digital resources
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions via a variety of channels
- Provide support, consultation, and training to faculty and students regarding digital tools/platforms to enhance engagement in research, teaching, and learning
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program, or a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Project management experience involving many stakeholders
- Knowledge of best practices and current trends in the application of technology to libraries and academic institutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Ability to meet university requirements in keeping with a tenure-track faculty position, including scholarly and creative activities, and service
A successful Assistant/Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies. New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply. Each organization has a unique culture. To help candidates determine whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library may be a good fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her leadership expectations on our website: https://library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/
- One to two years of relevant experience within an academic or research library
- Familiarity with Open Access digital scholarship publishing platforms (e.g. Open Journal Systems)
- Familiarity with EZproxy
- Familiarity with Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
- Knowledge of common scripting languages
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, May 17, 2021 17:11 UTC
Last updated: Monday, May 17, 2021 17:11 UTC