The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for web technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are engaged in the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners. Additionally, a successful candidate will demonstrate collegiality, an appreciation for diversity, and the ability to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
You will be offered a competitive salary (minimum $55,000 annually) for this 11-month position and benefits package, including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, and have the flexibility to cultivate programming from the ground up.
Application review begins May 20, 2021, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://jobs.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit eeo.okstate.edu.
What You'll Do
As Assistant/Associate Professor, Web Services Librarian, you will:
- Manage the design, maintenance, and support of the library's website
- Explore technologies to improve access to library resources, services, and information
- Manage the library’s suite of Springshare products
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions via a variety of channels
- Provide support, consultation, and training to faculty and students regarding digital tools/platforms to enhance engagement in research, teaching, and learning
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program, or a master’s degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with MODx Revolution, OmniUpdate, or similar web content management system
- Knowledge of interface design standards, information architecture, usability testing, and web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Ability to meet university requirements in keeping with a tenure-track faculty position, including scholarly and creative activities, and service
A successful Assistant/Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies. New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply. Each organization has a unique culture. To help candidates determine whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library may be a good fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her leadership expectations on our website: https://library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, May 17, 2021 17:11 UTC
Last updated: Monday, May 17, 2021 17:11 UTC