Darien Library (CT) seeks an intelligent, curious, and innovative technology professional to work in our User Experience department in managing Darien Library’s technology infrastructure. This position represents a unique opportunity to apply a wide range of skills and expertise in an exciting environment that is constantly changing and adapting to emerging trends. Darien Library holds itself to the highest possible standard of customer service, and we pride ourselves on providing a fulfilling and enriching experience to all who visit us either in person or online.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage the Library's network, storage, and server infrastructure.
- Maintain all public and staff computers, software and hardware, A/V and telephone systems, internet and WiFi.
- Perform regularly scheduled operations, such as backups, log analysis, software audits, and security checks.
- Coordinate with vendors.
- Provide tech support to colleagues and manage the internal helpdesk ticket system.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Develop and maintain complete, in-depth documentation of and procedures for the Library's technology configurations.
- Work with the Head of User Experience on the development and tracking of the library's technology budget, and participate in developing the strategic direction for IT and digital services.
- Supervise the Senior Technology Assistant.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field or commensurate work experience.
- Practical experience with networking and managing enterprise networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Facility with configuring software and hardware.
- Knowledge of virtual and physical server environments, cloud services and applications, WiFi, VoIP phone systems, network security measures.
- A commitment to superb customer service and an embrace of Darien Library’s “Kindness First” motto in both external and internal user experience.
- Knowledge of web development and maintenance is a plus.
The Library infrastructure relies on the following systems, and while conveying an ability to learn is paramount, applicants would benefit from indicating the degree of their familiarity with each in their application:
- VMWare vSphere, vCenter, and Horizon View
- Windows Server 2012, 2016
- Windows Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange O365
- Ubuntu Linux
- Mac OS X
- HP Procurve networking
- Ruckus Wireless Controller
- Polaris Integrated Library System
- Git with Github
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week) with an annual salary ranging from $60,000 to $80,000, commensurate with experience. Salary includes generous vacation, sick, and personal leave; significant opportunities for professional development; health benefits; and enrollment in the town pension program.
If you are ready to join the best library team in the world, we want to hear from you. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We will begin conducting interviews May 15, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Darien Library observes and promotes a policy of equal employment opportunity for all. This means that the Darien Library recruits, hires, trains, and promotes all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, political belief, physical disability or any other improper or illegal criteria. All employment decisions are based on legitimate employment-related criteria such as, skills, abilities, attitude and contribution to the Darien Library so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Last updated: Thursday, May 6, 2021 14:49 UTC