6135 State Farm Drive Rohnert Park, 94928
Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
SENIOR IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST–
ROHNERT PARK HEADQUARTERS
40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
The Senior IT Programmer Analyst manages and administers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) systems for the Sonoma County Library; installs and maintains a variety of enterprise system software and associated hardware; designs databases and procedures required to support system applications; performs database and/or website administration, programming, training, systems, and requirements analysis. Please complete the supplemental questionnaire as part of the application process.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and presents long-range plans and status reports for stakeholders including, but not limited to, Department Heads, the Library Executive Director, Library Commission, and the public.
- Ensures availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical enterprise systems.
- Performs troubleshooting as required; leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Customizes and enhance computer software packages and documents procedures.
- Administers and maintains enterprise systems such as the Integrated Library Systems (ILS), content management systems (websites), and/or digital services.
- Principles, practices and techniques of system management including application design, system analysis, data base management, quality control, performance metrics, and hardware and software options for system applications.
- Integrations between tightly coupled systems requiring scheduled exports, imports, indexing and harvests.
- Enterprise systems and the traditional processes implemented, and data collected, and use of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Advanced programming techniques including integrated database management applications.
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with organization policies/procedures.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that provides the above knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary may be qualifying. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess:
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences, Information Science, Information Systems management, Business Administration, or a related field, and four (4) years of full time experience in planning, developing and administering multiple, complex information technology systems, data intensive information systems, and applications. Supervisory experience is preferred, but not required.
Licenses and Certifications:
As a condition of employment, possession and continued maintenance of a valid California driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Database Administration with SQL certification or equivalent.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Java Developer, or equivalent.
SALARY RANGE: $98,155.20- $122,574.40/annually
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, May 13, 2021
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library
to apply. Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
RECRUITING PROTOCOL IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS COVID-19:
Pursuant to California Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020, and all applicable COVID 19 Shelter in Place Orders issued by the Sonoma County Health Officer, the recruiting process including interviews, testing, etc. will be held via teleconference or online, if possible, unless changes occur in the state and/or county health order.
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Sonoma County Library will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (707) 545-0831 extension 1591 as soon as possible to make arrangements for your accommodation. Requesting accommodations at least 3 working/business days before the scheduled event will help to ensure availability. For further information regarding disability accommodations provided by the Library and related matters, see the Library’s website at https://sonomalibrary.org/accessibility.
Sonoma County Library values diversity, empowerment, community, unity, kindness, connection, and equity. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the recruiting and hiring of staff.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 16:04 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 16:04 UTC