The New York Public Library seeks a Technology Training Program Coordinator to join our TechConnect Program. The Coordinator will provide vital support for the Library’s expanding program of technology classes helping to close the digital divide. They will serve as a liaison for TechConnect within the library and to community organizations.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Tech Education, the Tech Training Program Coordinator:
- Provides analytical support for the TechConnect program by maintaining and analyzing data on program metrics including survey data and compiling reports.
- Serves as a liaison for the program within the library as well as to other institutions in the technological and educational communities
- Supports the TechConnect department by updating and maintaining the patron and staff websites
- Manages all TechConnect email correspondence including registrations and spreadsheets for series based programming
- Travels throughout Manhattan, Staten Island and the Bronx to conduct trainings, as needed
- Assists with ad-hoc projects
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience teaching/instructing/training adults for related technology products and services
- Extremely proficient in Excel/Spreadsheets
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology, including MS Office Suite, Google Apps, Mac and PC platforms, HTML & CSS
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Strong organization and event planning skills, including the ability to perform multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and think fast on their feet.
- Strong aptitude for learning new and emerging technologies quickly as well as a commitment to staying current on emerging trends.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully with patrons and staff of all levels.
- Successfully demonstrated experience working as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience providing support to management level staff
- Knowledge of New York metropolitan area
- Knowledge of at least any of the two areas:
- Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline
- Final Cut, GarageBand, Pro Tools or equivalents
- Adobe Creative Suite
- 2D/3D animation
- CAD software
All team members are expected and encouraged to embody the NYPL Core Values:
- Be Helpful to patrons and colleagues
- Be Resourceful in solving problems
- Be Curious in all aspects of your work
- Office setting
- Public library setting
- Limited physical effort is required
- Light lifting required
- May require travel within NYC
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday 9:30am - 5:30pm
Evenings and weekends as needed
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 14:53 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 14:53 UTC