DescriptionApplication procedures can be found at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/classified.php?id=4439
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides lead technical support and management of the library's Web sites and intranet. Duties include:
... providing technical support and management of the library Web presence and assisting library staff who are responsible for creating Web content; monitoring and implementing appropriate standards and guidelines, including 508 compliant web design standards and communicating these with staff; maintaining web analytics for Web sites.
... installing and configuring Web applications in both development and production environments; installing software updates and patches for blogs, wikis, other content management systems, and other Web based applications.
... developing HTML/CSS standards for library Web pages to allow optimal display, accessibility, and functionality on Windows, Macs, and mobile platforms; supporting library Web sites that are managed by Drupal and Wordpress; designing, developing, maintaining, theming, documenting, testing, and modifying dynamic Web sites, library-based Web applications and databases for Internet and intranet sites using standard programming languages, software communities, and software libraries.
... training Web content creators in the use of Web development or content management applications; participating on the library Web development team.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
In addition this position requires:
* At least one year experience developing and maintaining complex Web sites, preferably with an education institution; 2-3 years' experience preferred.
* Professional level proficiency and experience in Web site production tools, including HTML, CSS, WYSIWYG Web publishing tools, at least one standard server-side scripting language, preferably PHP, SQL/MYSQL, open source content management systems, such as Drupal or Wordpress.
* Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve technical problems, learn new technologies, work on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated skills in project management, consensus building, and problem solving.
* Demonstrated familiarity and experience with Web accessibility and usability norms/guidelines.
* Demonstrated familiarity with cross-platform Web development and support.
* Familiarity with user interface issues and information architecture.
* Excellent oral and written communication, and the ability to translate technical processes and solutions into terms understandable by a non-technical audience.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
How to apply
Published: Friday, November 30, 2012 01:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC