The Lennox internship or fellowship is offered by the ISU Library Preservation and Stacks Management Department (PSM) to provide graduate students or recent graduates with practical experience and exposure to preservation in an academic library environment.
In addition to learning about general operations of the department, interns will undertake and complete projects selected based on their interests and skills, and the needs and capabilities of the Department. Projects may include, but are not limited to, aspects of:
- Project planning and management;
- Collection survey and prioritization of formats;
- Operations in digital content transfer and management;
- Format and filename assessment in preparation for digital preservation;
- Identification and application of metadata and digital content best practices;
- Development of preservation education, training and outreach resources;
- Digital preservation guidelines for various content areas (e.g., digital scholarship, audio-visual preservation, etc.);
- Disaster planning and response.
Typically, this internship is completed on-site. Because of the global pandemic, the 2021 cycle will be completed in an online environment. Candidates will be expected to work remotely for the duration of the Fellowship.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 16:55 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 16:55 UTC