Who We Are
ORCID is a mission-driven, member-supported, community-governed non-profit organization. Our vision is a world where all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time. Every one of ORCID’s employees is committed to that vision as well.
We believe in and operate by our three main values [read our Dignity at Work statement]. ORCID strives to be:
- Inclusive: We work hard to create a diverse working environment with a global focus.
- Trusted: We are open and transparent in our work, with our members, and with our colleagues.
- Persistent: We are committed to the work of ensuring integrations spread across regions and throughout different institutions.
To Apply: Please submit your application through the included URL, being sure to include a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us the name of your favorite plant and why.
ORCID is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated User Support Specialist with exceptional communication skills to join our user-centric and highly responsive User Support team. The User Support Specialist will respond to user queries from researchers around the world, answering questions and providing guidance on how to use the ORCID Registry. Working with ORCID colleagues, the User Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that we support our global user community and will serve as the “voice of the user” within the organization.
On average, ~70% of your time will be spent on user queries, answering ~500 tickets a week, with the remaining time dedicated to other initiatives, such as workflow improvements, documentation, ticket analytics, reviewing spam accounts or additional projects as needed. We are a small and highly collaborative team, and as part of it you will play an integral role in identifying ways we can improve the User Support Team experience, including improvements to our processes and workflows.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and, like all positions at ORCID, is fully remote. Candidates must be able to work during Europe or Americas standard business hours (Mon-Fri) with at least four hours daily between 1200-2000 UTC, with recurring meetings at 1500 UTC. Outside of these parameters, ORCID offers flexibility with your schedule.
- Providing timely and friendly replies to user queries (cca. 500 per week) via the Zendesk platform
- Identifying process improvements for the ticketing and user feedback workflows and other ways we can improve the User Support Team experience/processes
- Reporting bugs to the Development team
- Sharing feedback and feature requests from users with the Product team
- Assisting with writing and reviewing documentation for users
- Reviewing suspect accounts to identify spam
- Participating in calls and projects with other teams as needed to provide a “voice of the user” to the organization
- Assisting with other projects as needed
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- 1-2+ years experience providing user support via a helpdesk platform (Zendesk or similar) or via email
- Exceptional communication and prioritization skills; ability to get things done in a dynamic environment
- Experience extracting and communicating actionable recommendations from feedback and data
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn about and troubleshoot technical issues
- Fluency in additional languages
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working for a startup or in the research community
- Experience improving support workflows and processes
- Experience resolving disputes or other sensitive issues
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience with analytics, especially with ticket data
A family-friendly, flexible working environment, including:
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work fully from home (when not travelling)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation & benefits, plus an ORCID-wide closure the first Friday of each month
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
- Tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop and a remote working stipend.
Published: Friday, March 19, 2021 21:29 UTC
Last updated: Friday, March 19, 2021 21:29 UTC