LAC Group is seeking two Data Scientists to support a data science service team for a large research library located in Beltsville, MD. The data scientists will be responsible for the planning and execution of several data analytics projects which enhance public access and program dashboards. This is an ongoing full-time (30-40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Consult with subject matter experts to develop detailed planning documents for data analytics projects, including the analysis, visualization, interpretation, and presentation approaches.
- Determine what data reformatting and manipulation will be needed to address project needs. Provide recommendations for changes as needed.
- Use GitHub to document progress and task management of data analytics projects.
- Track all code, data, and metadata throughout the project for publishing to open access repositories
- Contribute to Data Science team meetings to gain and provide feedback on approaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Unix/Linux command line, Jupyter notebooks and data transformation
- Demonstrated knowledge of query languages (R and Python, HTML and XML, SQL)
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools (such as Tableau)
- Knowledge of research catalogs, repositories and applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to produce or present summaries or other reports
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 18:08 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 18:08 UTC