You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Product Analyst is a key contributor in all aspects of the product planning and development process for OCLC APIs, EZproxy and EZproxy Analytics. This role provides detailed information utilized in strategic decision making regarding product development, pricing, positioning, and release. The Product Analyst must be able to successfully collaborate with team members in Support, Sales, Marketing and Development to ensure the effective and efficient execution of product plans.
- Writes user stories for new features and services as assigned
- Writes functional requirements and specifications for development
- Verifies whether development outputs meet functional requirements
- Assists with release management and communications, including creation of documentation
- Interfaces with our Customer Support group to prioritize support requests and answer escalated requests
- Writes reports covering usage, issues, and trends for assigned product areas
- Works with the Community Manager by participating in and leading product webinars and roundtables
- Supports OCLC technology teams by helping them obtain required API access
- Contributes to the success of EZproxy and EZproxy Analytics by enhancing content provider coverage
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years’ experience or equivalent expertise
- providing functional troubleshooting and support
- and/or product, project or program management
- Ability to work independently, across departments and directly with customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, especially around compiling and analyzing data
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, especially around targeting messages to different audiences
Desired but not required:
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of OCLC products and services
- Experience administrating and operating EZproxy
- Familiarity with or experience developing library applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of applications deployed at academic and public libraries
- Experience as a e-resources, systems, or web librarian
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Kibana, Tableau, BusinessObjects)
How to apply
Published: Thursday, March 4, 2021 16:31 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, March 4, 2021 16:31 UTC