Please consider joining us in the Lehigh University Library community. We are committed to excellence in supporting teaching, learning, and research. Our highly motivated staff is known for working together on new and innovative projects and initiatives. We are one of the Open Library Environment (OLE) Initiative’s founding partners and have been actively involved in the FOLIO Collaboration since the project’s inception.
Lehigh University Library is part of a unique merged Library and Technology Services (LTS) organization. We seek a service-oriented candidate to join our Library Technology team. This Library Senior System Analyst position performs business analysis and technical duties in support of the library systems, applications, and digital services. This position collaborates across LTS to advance library services through requirements gathering, prototyping, and application development. The ideal candidate is someone who is an excellent developer and a strong collaborator, who takes pleasure working with a diverse and inclusive community of librarians, technology professionals, faculty, and students.
● Perform business analysis and development for library management systems and applications.
● Manage, maintain and provide enhancements to library systems and applications to ensure effective and efficient delivery of library digital resources and services.
● Manage and support Drupal content management system for library website, digital collections, and Lehigh Preserve.
● Participate in library technology projects; develop, maintain and provide enhancements to library applications to ensure effective and efficient delivery of library digital resources and services.
● Three years of web application development experience
● Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Library, Information, or Computer Science.
● Advanced Experience with at least one programming language such as Java, Python, or Ruby.
● Experience with Drupal CMS or Digital Repository applications
● Ability to work with a variety of different departments within LTS and the University.
● Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance. Based upon the requirements of the position Lehigh may also request credit history reports, motor vehicle checks and professional license/certification verification
Review of applications begins on March 15, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Lehigh University provides comprehensive benefits including partner benefits. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences, identities, and abilities to apply for this opportunity to join Lehigh community.
ABOUT LEHIGH UNIVERSITY
Lehigh University is a highly competitive, research-oriented, private university located one hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City. For almost 150 years, Lehigh University has combined outstanding academic and learning opportunities with leadership in fostering innovative research. Lehigh’s four colleges provide graduate and undergraduate education to approximately 7,000 students.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 18:31 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 18:31 UTC