Cataloging and Metadata Analyst
APPLY NOWJob no: 498785
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Information Systems & Technology, Library, Probationary, Full Time
SJSU Library, part of the 23-campus California State University System (CSU), is seeking innovative and collaborative candidates to apply for the position of Cataloging and Metadata Analyst. The Cataloging and Metadata Analyst leads the operation within the Data and Resource Management Unit, providing progressive vision, planning and expertise to support cataloging, metadata and discovery services. The incumbent also serves as the liaison with the CSU's ULMS Cataloging group, contributing to system-wide development and presentation of ULMS best practices.
The unit catalogs monographs and continuing resources in all formats in accordance with current national standards and the policies and best practices of the CSU’s Unified Library Management System (ULMS), utilizing OCLC (a world-wide cataloging database) and the integrated online library system (ILS). This position coordinates metadata services for the library’s digital collections.
Reporting to the University Library’s Director of Data and Resource Management, and receiving work lead direction from the Head of Systems and Metadata, the University Library Cataloging and Metadata Analyst works respectfully and cooperatively with employees of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library to perform duties under limited supervision, but works independently to achieve specified outcomes.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training Input required qualifications
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s degree and three years progressively responsible library experience, including cataloging functions. (A combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered)
- Demonstrated cataloging experience including original cataloging, preferably in an academic or research library
- Knowledge of RDA, MARC formats, Library of Congress classification system, and Library of Congress subject headings
- Experience creating metadata utilizing Dublin Core, MODS, or other metadata schema
- Experience with Linked Data and RDF
- Experience cataloging with integrated library systems (ILS), specifically Ex Libris Alma
Classification: Administrative Analyst Specialist - Exempt I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,000/month - $6,000/month, commensurate with experience.
Classification Hiring Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: January 29, 2021 through February 12, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
For the complete posting and application information, please visit:
Published: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 15:20 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 15:20 UTC