E-Resources and Metadata Specialist
Brief about the role: S/he is responsible for and need to independently handle daily operations of e-resource management systems and discovery tools, establishing and maintaining access to all e-book packages, electronic databases, electronic journals, print, and other media collections for the Library. This position also undertakes print cataloging including MARC record loading and print circulation management. This position is an integral part of the Library's professional team.
• Organizes access for all library subscribed e-book packages, electronic databases, electronic journals, print and media collections, and other web-based resources.
• Catalogs and activates new electronic resources in the library's various knowledge bases (KOHA, Proquest 360, A-Z Database portal, and Summon Discovery Services, DSpace repository, etc) and performs required maintenance and updates of the collection.
• Resolves access problems for electronic resources and troubleshoots issues, off-campus access, vendor platforms, networks, and access breaches with vendors and KAUST IT.
• Tracks publisher, platform, and title changes; perform appropriate record maintenance and migrates subscribed titles and access links as appropriate.
• Administrator for the webscale discovery tool, the ERM system, publisher platform access, A-Z portals, KOHA circulation module, etc.
• Performs original cataloging, copy cataloging; edits catalog records of library materials to conform to professional standards, and to assure the accuracy of bibliographic description.
• Maintains documentation on processes and procedures for the management of electronic resources and cataloging in the Library including e-resource licensing and financial data in ERM System.
• Manages circulation services, online/onsite reserve, and patron management systems.
• Supports initiatives related to digitization, special collections access, and other metadata-dependent efforts to describe, manage, expose, and share collections with users.
• Actively participate in related local and international partnerships with libraries, associations, and publishers.
• Work at info desk including evening shifts and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Bachelors degree in Library Science with 3 years’ experience in e-resource management tools, metadata/cataloging service, and relevant library working experience.
- Experience in ERM tools, web-scale discovery, ILMS such as Koha, ProQuest 360, Summon, A-Z and WorldCat etc.
- Demonstrable experience in resource description in a library environment and good knowledge of AACR2, LCC, LCSH, MARC, Dublin Core, BIBFRAME, etc.
- Additional knowledge of trends in ERM, non-library metadata, HTML, authority files, linked data, etc.
- Ability to learn on the job and to adapt to changing expectations and tools.
- Excellent customer service skills, as demonstrated in working with a diverse community in a public setting.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to create procedures and systems for optimal workflow.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience from a multi-cultural work environment.
How to apply
For more details or submit your Cover Letter and CV, please contact Ms. Omaimah Y. Fayie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Sunday, February 7, 2021 15:18 UTC
Last updated: Sunday, February 7, 2021 15:18 UTC