SYSTEMS ENGINEER, WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Reporting to the Head of Library Technology Services at Washington University Libraries, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for the architecture, development, and maintenance of library services and applications supporting the University’s mission. The incumbent will lead systems administration of technical infrastructure and architecture, and platforms to be supported range from digital repository applications to resource discovery layers to related library systems. As a member of the Library Technology Services team, the successful candidate will play a key role in creating a customer-first approach to the development, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of new and existing library applications.
The complete listing of position responsibilities, salary and benefits information, and qualifications are provided in the full position description, which is available at https://jobs.wustl.edu/, job ID #50172.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of library systems in collaboration with Libraries staff and campus stakeholders.
· Gather requirements and develop specifications for library and research systems architectures, including Samvera Hyrax, Primo, Wordpress, and cloud storage services.
· Collaborate with campus-wide technology services to ensure proper implementation and management of hardware infrastructures, security policies and authentication/authorization procedures.
· Write and maintain documentation for systems architecture and application code for internal developers and the wider library development community.
· Participate in iterative testing and integration of user feedback throughout the development and implementation processes.
· Maintain awareness of national and international best practices and advances in library applications, frameworks, and implementations by actively engaging in library and academic technology communities (Samvera, Code4Lib, etc.).
· Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please apply at https://jobs.wustl.edu/, job ID# 50172.
Last updated: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 03:06 UTC