The University of Central Florida seeks a qualified candidate to join our leadership team as the Associate Director, Collections Services and Resources Management. An abbreviated announcement is bellow. For the full announcement and to apply, go to https://jobs.ucf.edu/cw/en-us/job/499729
The University of Central Florida Libraries (UCF Libraries) is seeking an innovative and experienced leader to facilitate the identification and implementation of best practices in three departments: Acquisitions and Collections, Cataloging, and Resource Sharing. The successful candidate will have significant experience in one or more of these areas as well as strategic planning, project management, process analysis, assessment, and integrated library management systems. The position requires strong analytical and decision-making skills, an orientation toward new and developing practices, and an ability to achieve concrete results by motivating and empowering staff and colleagues. A record of professional participation, knowledge of issues and trends, and the ability to represent UCF Libraries at all levels is essential. The associate director reports to the dean of UCF Libraries and participates in library-wide planning, policy making, and development and evaluation of services.
* Plans and leads implementation of services in cataloging, metadata, acquisitions, collection management, serials management, electronic resources, licensing, and resource sharing;
* Enhances service quality, outcomes, and operational efficiency;
* Advocates for three department heads, seven faculty librarians, and nineteen support staff;
* Cultivates effective working relationships with all constituents;
* Represents UCF Libraries through collaboration in a wide range of consortia and partnerships at the university, state, regional, and national levels.
* * Master's degree from an ALA-accredited institution;
* * A minimum of five years of post-MLS experience successfully managing or supervising in technical services or resource sharing in an academic library.
Questions regarding this search may be directed to the search chair, David Benjamin, David.Benjamin@ucf.edu
Last updated: Friday, December 4, 2020 17:49 UTC