Assistant Professor, Digital Initiatives Librarian
Posted:Nov 16, 2020
Closes:Open Until Filled
About Wittenberg University:
Please visit the About Wittenberg page to learn more about the University.
Wittenberg University is accepting applications for a Digital Initiatives Librarian (Assistant Professor), to begin in January 2021. This is a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position. Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment. The candidate will maintain and enhance our current digital scholarship projects including an installation of Open Journal Systems software, indexes to Wittenberg publications and theses, and collections in Omeka and ContentDM. This position will collaborate with faculty, staff and students, to develop new media and technology applications to support teaching, learning, and scholarship at Wittenberg University. Additionally, this person will provide general and chat reference and act as a library liaison to several academic departments. Liaison duties include, but are not limited to, information literacy instruction and collection development.
- Master of Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program is required.
- Familiarity with online content management systems such as Drupal, ContentDM, or Omeka and relational database management systems such as MySQL.
- Familiarity with WCAG to maintain accessible web presence.
- Experience with website design and maintenance and knowledge of (or willingness to learn) copyright and licensing issues related to data management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to speak and/or make presentations before groups and conduct effective training.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with strong commitment to public service.
- Effective and efficient project management skills and attention to detail.
- A strong commitment to research, and participate in activities related to that research, including presentations at scholarly conferences and publishing in the peer reviewed literature with an eye to reappointment and promotion.
- Academic library experience.
- Experience providing information literacy instruction in association with programs or initiatives supporting general education curricula.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg believes that a diverse community is educationally imperative; thus we are committed to ensuring a supportive environment for all individuals. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community. AA/EOE
Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
Wittenberg University is committed to preventing and addressing sexual misconduct in our campus community. Click here to view our Title IX policies.
Interested applicants must apply online; applications will not be accepted by email or postal mail. As part of the application process, please upload:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts
In the cover letter, please address your interest in teaching at a liberal arts college and how your experiences with teaching, scholarship, and/or service might contribute to a college community that includes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as one of its core values.
Complete applications should also include three letters of reference. Letters of can be mailed by the referees directly to Alisa Mizikar, Associate Professor and Reference Librarian, Thomas Library, Wittenberg University, Post Office Box 720, Springfield, OH 45501-0720 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937-327-7517.
Published: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 18:11 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 18:11 UTC