DescriptionThe Adams State University’s Nielsen Library is currently seeking applicants for an Emerging
Technologies Librarian. This position is responsible for the identification, evaluation, and
implementation of current and emerging technologies. This position also provides reference
assistance, subject expertise in an academic area, acts as liaison to the Computing Services
department and the Marmot library consortium, and serves on library and campus committees.
The Emerging Technologies Librarian may supervise work study students and other hourly
employees on a periodic basis. This position reports to the Library Director.
Summary of responsibilities
- Evaluate and implement emerging technologies for library services and staff productivity.
- Create, maintain, and improve library web-pages.
- Coordinate the management of library laptops and CPUs-both hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of research tools such as LibGuides.
- Serve as liaison to ASU’s Computing Services and the Marmot library consortium.
- Provide reference assistance 8-10 hours per week, occasionally more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think logically and to problem solve
- Comfortable with detail work
- Master’s Degree in library science from an ALA accredited program
- Current examples of personal or institutional web site work
Academic library experience; experience with database and/or content management systems;
troubleshooting hardware and software; experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, and
various e-mail programs; experience with Interlibrary Loan and Cataloging programs such as
OCLC, CLIO, and Odyssey; experience with ILS and OPAC using Innovative Interfaces and
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC