Tenure Track Medical Librarian (Web Services & Online Learning)
The OUWB Medical Librarian’s responsibilities include: planning and implementing an integrated information literacy curriculum that will incorporate classroom, small group and online learning components; participating in the design of online instruction, including web-based tutorials and content modules for delivery through our learning management system; providing support to faculty in incorporating library resources into their instruction; and managing the Medical Library web site, web applications, social media and mobile interfaces. The individual will also participate in the identification, assessment, and implementation of emerging technologies that further the library’s mission and enhance access to library resources and services. This position will also serve as liaison to academic programs, and is expected to work collegially with the Kresge Library and School of Medicine communities.
1. Provide planning and implementation of an integrated information mastery education program appropriate for a medical school curriculum.
2. Lead the medical library in developing, implementing and evaluating a library online instructional program that includes learning objects, online tutorials/modules and library resource guides that are accessible through our learning management system and the library website.
3. Provide vision, leadership and expertise in the organization, design and maintenance of the Medical Library web site.
4. Provide advice and technical support for library faculty and staff in using information and educational technologies/tools in creating online learning experiences and providing innovative services.
5. Provide information reference services and research consultations.
6. Develop instructional materials to meet the needs of user groups in learning, teaching and research.
7. Participate in scholarly activity including research and dissemination for peer-review of work on topics in information science, health science librarianship, medical education or related topic areas.
8. Participate in service activities to the Department, University, Medical School, and wider community.
9. Maintain and improve professional competence defined by the Medical Library Association through various professional development opportunities within and outside of the medical school, including librarianship, teaching, research, service activities, in order to meet OUWB criteria for tenure and promotion.
In addition candidates must have:
1. Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program
2. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate and implement projects
3. Experience with web design
4. Experience conducting literature searches in health-related subject areas
5. Effective interpersonal, oral, written and online communication skills
6. Evidence of effective teaching and scholarly activities.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to work with diverse faculty, staff and students
8. Potential to meet the school’s requirements for promotion and tenure, which require research and publication
9. Demonstrated commitment to advancing a culture and climate of diversity and inclusion and serving a diverse population
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 02:20 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 02:20 UTC