ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of Member Support Technical Specialist. This role will support our members to help us scale our maturing operations.
ORCID (https://orcid.org) is an international non-profit organization working to create a world in which all who participate in research and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations across disciplines, borders, and time. To achieve our vision of a trustworthy identifier-enabled research information infrastructure, we provide individuals a unique persistent identifier while building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are committed to openness, diversity, and our core principles of privacy and researcher control.
To Apply: Please submit your application through our Bamboo portal, including a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us the name of your favorite airport and why.
The Member Support Technical Specialist will be responsible for supporting technical aspects of implementation and integration for ORCID members and service providers. The Member Support Technical Specialist will need to take a proactive role in learning the technical aspects of ORCID’s registry so that they can respond to support requests, troubleshoot technical issues, and provide technical training related to ORCID products and services.
The position will be part of the Engagement team and reports to the Regional Engagement Manager. The successful candidate will have a track record of providing exceptional technical support, as well as proven experience supporting a member base.
- Providing first-in-class technical support to ORCID members and service providers
- Increasing the percentage of members who are fully integrated into ORCID systems
- Serving as a subject-matter expert regarding ORCID APIs, UIs, integrations, and all workflow capabilities and services
- Providing ORCID technical training to Consortia leads
- Liaising with the ORCID technical team for effective handling of complex technical challenges
- Coordinating issues with our partner organizations where needed
- Maintaining regular communication with the Public API User Support Group in order to foster synergy and information sharing
- Being proactive in identifying how we can improve our support capabilities, technical processes, and ways to increase operational efficiencies
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience
- English required; strong preference for one of the following additional languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French, or Russian
- Candidates should be based in the European Economic Area (EEA) or in North, Central, or South America
- Possess a combination of customer support and technical skills, including ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences in a virtual environment
- Basic knowledge of software development practices and basic web technology; coding, and database experience. Breadth is preferred over depth.
- Experience working with web APIs and troubleshooting issues related to APIs
- Comfortable working in a team and facilitating cross-team collaboration
- Willingness to commit to occasional international travel (<5%). (International travel is on hold during COVID, but will be part of the role long-term.)
- Experience working with customer service software, preferably Zendesk
- Experience supporting communities across a wide range of cultural backgrounds and with differing levels of training and experience
- Industry experience in any of the following ways: familiarity with research and the scholarly communications community; familiarity with Federated Identity best-practices and standards (ex: SAML); and/or experience troubleshooting issues related to research information systems, ideally related to publishers, funders, associations and research organizations
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation & benefits, plus an ORCID-wide closure the first Friday of each month
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop
Published: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 23:46 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 23:46 UTC