Library Systems and Discovery Specialist
This position is responsible for providing high quality, robust systems that facilitate search,
discovery, and delivery of library services and resources to the St. Cloud State University
campus. This position works collaboratively to support the discoverability of library resources in
both the physical and digital realms. This position is tasked with support of current systems
and works on projects to deliver new services to better support a research focused multidiscipline
ALA-accredited master's degree in library information science or international
equivalent degree at the time of application.
• One year minimum experience with library systems, including integrated
library systems, institutional repository platforms, or other library-specific
systems or software.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, implement, and assess projects.
• Experience with troubleshooting library-related systems technologies,
including working with vendor support for third-party systems.
• Ability to communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
• Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally
• 3-5 years of experience in system management experience with integrated
library systems (Ex Libris Alma/Primo or with an equivalent system).
• Experience with web design, maintenance, usability testing or user experience.
• Experience with content management systems, such as LibGuides,
WordPress, and/or Drupal, and institutional repository platforms or
• Experience communicating and articulating analytical data, reporting, and
• Demonstrated ability to design and teach classes, workshops, or training.
• Professional experience working in an academic library.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits
package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short
and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred
compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
1. Go to https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/search-for-jobs/ or to Self Service if you are a current State of Minnesota employee.
2. On the Job Search page enter the Job Opening ID number 41103 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
3. Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
4. Click Apply.
Last updated: Monday, August 3, 2020 19:44 UTC