Fairfield University, Fairfield CT
The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is seeking applications from user-centered, collaborative, creative, and self-motivated individuals for the opening of Systems Librarian. The individual chosen for this position will provide library systems technology expertise, management and leadership within the Library and contribute to a collaborative vision for library systems. This position will manage all aspects of library information technology including the performance, configuration, and integrity of the Library’s hosted ILS and optimization of routines and functionality to improve staff workflows and users’ experiences through public interfaces. He or she will position the Library to understand and capitalize on new technological developments to facilitate the missions of the Library and the University as well as establish and maintain partnerships with a variety of campus partners in support of library and campus-wide technological goals. This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Education: Graduate degree in Library & Information Science (MLS or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited program, second Master’s in subject specific field, or equivalent experience, is preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Ability to use technology in creative ways to solve problems and/or facilitate workflows. Creative approach to the development of new services and commitment to responsive and innovative service is essential. Ability to interact effectively and work productively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups across the University. Must be self-directed, well organized, and able to meet multiple deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences. Must be results-oriented, flexible, self-motivated, and have an ability to collaborate with colleagues in a goal-oriented library team.
· Two or more years of professional library experience, preferably in an academic library,
· Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems, preferably Alma / Primo VE from ExLibris,
· Working knowledge of server-side programming languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, and Node.js or like programs/languages,
· Working knowledge of server administration involving Linux and Apache,
· Working knowledge of database systems such as MySQL,
· Certification as an Ex Libris Alma / Primo Administrator,
· Supervisory experience,
- Project management experience,
- Strong commitment to innovative, user-centered service,
- Experience with Digital Collections & Repository Systems such as CONTENTdm, Omeka, DigitalCommons, and platforms such as ArchivesSpace, Islandora, and Illiad,
- Awareness of issues surrounding scholarly communication, digital humanities, data management, and open access,
- Demonstrated commitment to service and professional development.
CAMPUS: Fairfield University is a Jesuit Catholic Connecticut-based private, Master’s comprehensive University. It is a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. In 2019, the University was ranked #3 in the Northern Region by U.S. News & World Report, Best Colleges. The University serves more than 5,000 students enrolled in five distinct schools with over 1,000 faculty and staff. Built upon the 450-year-old Jesuit traditions of scholarship and service, the University is distinguished by a rigorous curriculum, close interaction among faculty and students, and a beautiful, 200-acre campus with views of the Long Island Sound. As an integral part of our mission, Fairfield faculty and students are encouraged to participate in the larger community through service and academic activities.
TO APPLY: To submit your resume, cover letter, names/contact information of three references, and employment application, please go to https://ffd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/EmploymentOpportunities/job/Fairfield-CT/Systems-Librarian_JR0000731
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 02:34 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 02:34 UTC