ByWater Solutions was created with the express goal of changing the way libraries interact with their software and the vendors who support them. We believe that libraries deserve to have access to a world-class system and personalized, comprehensive support at a reasonable cost. Our company is made up of a small and close-knit group of librarians, book lovers, technology and data geeks, Tolkien fans, space nerds, knitters, marathon runners, animal lovers, and most importantly, library lovers and open-source fanatics. We are a transparent organization that values collaboration with each other and the larger open source communities we work with. We strive to set our library partners and coworkers up for success.
We are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to work with our Systems team. You will join a team of system support professionals to manage and improve our technical infrastructure, systems implementation, and support with our library partners.
- Manage deployment of web applications in a cloud computing environment
- Maintenance, configuration, and monitoring of cloud-hosted servers
- Systems failure analysis and remediation
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Assist with help desk system support efforts, making sure partner and staff issues are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Working with people over the full range of technical aptitude
- Occasional on-call rotation during non-business hours
- Love of libraries is a must!
- Ability to work remotely as a team
- Proven experience in Debian based Linux System Administration
- Experience supporting web applications in a cloud computing environment (Google Cloud, AWS)
- Ability to navigate application and system logs for troubleshooting and resolution
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (bash, python, php)
- Experience with configuration management ( Ansible preferred, Puppet, Salt etc )
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
- Understanding of CI/CD principles
- Understanding of SSL certificate configurations
- Experience working with software source control repositories (git, subversion, etc)
- Experience with MySQL/MariaDB database engines
Great to have
- Familiarity with the Open Source products Libki, Koha, Aspen Discovery, and/or CORAL is a plus
- Experience contributing to an open-source software project in any capacity
- Knowledge of VMWare and VirtualBox hypervisors
- Experience with Master-Master (Galera) database replication strategies
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions
- Experience building, using and deploying Docker container images
BSc/BA preferably in computer science, engineering, library science or relevant field and/or equivalent experience
This is a full-time, telecommuting position (within PT to ET time zones) which requires working from home and an approximate 5% travel requirement. ByWater offers performance bonuses, 401k, medical, great pay, on the job skills training, and the chance to work with a talented group of team members.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Submitted by: talljoy
Published: Friday, May 8, 2020 15:29 UTC
Last updated: Friday, May 8, 2020 15:29 UTC