LAC Group is seeking an experienced Librarian for a contract within a prestigious federal library in Silver Spring, Maryland. This is a full-time, benefited position. Work must be performed on-site, however remote work is accepted during COVID-19 closures.
- Assist systems librarian with technical issues.
- Update and maintain library web resources.
- Troubleshoot access issues related electronic resources.
- Create and edit metadata records.
- Provide reference services.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Comfortable with working in the command line, running scripts
- Experience with Python, prefered
- Knowledge with APIs (i.e. REST APIs, authentication)
- Experience with a library ILS, OCLC Connexion
- Proficiency using spreadsheets, either Excel or Google Sheets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Metadata and Cataloging standards such as Dublin Core, MODS, MARC, AACR2, etc
Last updated: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 23:57 UTC