DescriptionThe University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a rapidly growing, research-intensive University offering over 25,000 students a variety of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs in seven academic colleges. Its 1,000 acre wooded campus is within easy driving distance to the city’s performing arts, cultural, and professional sports events, as well as a wide variety of regional recreational activities. With over 1.5 million people in the greater metropolitan area, Charlotte is the second largest banking center in the nation in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. For additional information about UNC Charlotte please visit http://uncc.edu/
J. Murrey Atkins Library at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking an Archivist for Collections Management to represent J. Murrey Atkins Library in the Special Collections department managing and supervising collection management functions, including setting policies, procedures, workflows and guidelines for all processing activities.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or Master’s degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences with archival-related coursework or professional development.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with manuscript or archival collections in multiple formats.
- Knowledge of archival theory and practice and technological applications related to archives, special collections, and records management.
- Broad understanding of emerging trends in archival practice and digital technologies.
- Knowledge of metadata standards and schema including but not limited to DACS, EAD, MODS, METS, Dublin Core, etc.
- Familiarity with LC classification and subject headings.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and metadata standards.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC