DescriptionThe University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist. The Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist works collaboratively on the development and implementation of technology equipment, software profiles, programs, training and other services at the Library that support technologically intensive research and teaching as well as the creation and use of media in teaching and course-related activities. This position reports to the Manager of Workstation/Network Support in the University Library’s Office of Information Technology, and works closely with the Scholarly Commons Coordinators, the Media Commons Coordinator and the Media Commons Technology Manager in the Undergraduate Library. The Technology-Enhanced Spaces Support Specialist participates in related Library and campus committees and ad hoc groups and serves as a resource for other Library units, including the Scholarly Commons and the Undergraduate Library Media Commons.
- Consult with Library faculty and staff on the development of the technology program including appropriate facilities, technologies, and training;
- Serve as liaison with other IT managers on campus to consult on technology-enhanced environments;
- Responsible for the specification, installation, management and support of all technology in the Scholarly Commons and Library teaching spaces and conference rooms, including those with projection equipment, computers, wall-mounted displays, and for digital scanning equipment;
- Work closely with the Scholarly Commons Coordinators, Coordinator for Information Literacy Services and Instruction, Staff Development and Training Librarian, and Library IT working groups to determine how technology (hardware and software) will be implemented, secured, supported, and enhanced in these spaces;
- Responsible for machine image collection and distribution as well as hardware installation and maintenance in these spaces;
- Determine equipment replacement life cycle;
- Manage software licensing for non-standard software in all spaces;
- Develop and deliver training sessions on Library learning spaces technology use;
- Manage Library loaner equipment pool;
- Assists Grainger librarians and Center for Academic Resources in Engineering (CARE) staff with multimedia and classroom technology needs.
Published: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 02:44 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC