LAC Group seeks a Metadata Specialist for an on-site position at a prestigious federal museum in the Washington, DC area. The individual selected will provide analysis and transformation of cultural heritage metadata and use a variety of automated and manual techniques to cleanse, transform, and modify cultural heritage metadata in a collection management system. This is a 40-hour a week, on-site, benefited position.
- Develop and implement complex data analyses to develop crosswalks and data transformations
- Review and analyze location data within institutional content management system using data analytical tools to index, assess, and identify mapping of locations
- Prepare recommendations for data transformation
- Present findings in easy-to-comprehend written summaries, spreadsheets, and data visualizations
- Provide additional data services as needed: data cleaning, data transformation and migration of datasets
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Information Science, or Statistics
- Two years experience performing comparable work involving data cleansing, analysis, transformation, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data modeling, database design, and data mining, data transformation
- Experience with one or more collection management system (CMS) used for cultural heritage materials, e.g. Mimsy XG, The Museum System, PastPerfect, CatalogIt, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with statistical analysis methods, tools, and platforms (Excel, SQL, XML, XSLT, SPSS)
Last updated: Monday, March 16, 2020 20:26 UTC