Reporting to the Systems Librarian, the Systems Administrator will provide
technical and operational support for Linux server and virtualization
systems hosted in the Walker Library’s data center, MTSU’s IT division
(ITD), and cloud options, including systems administration, application
administration, other infrastructure functions, and performing related
tasks and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years progressively responsible full-time
experience in a network operations or software development environment.
Note: A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a
related field and no experience may be considered in lieu of the BS + 3
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related
- Three (3) years progressively responsible experience as described above
in an academic environment or library, archive, or cultural heritage
environment or similar.
- Two (2) years progressively responsible experience with VMware and
- Prior experience with shell scripting.
- Prior experience with deployment solutions.
- Prior experience with Red Hat Satellite servers.
Certificates/ Licenses Preferred:
- RHCSA preferred
Salary Range: commensurate with experience
Job Close Date: 04/06/2020
Last updated: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 18:18 UTC