BookOps is the shared library services collaboration of New York Public Library (NYPL) and Brooklyn Public Library (BPL), coordinating the selection, acquisition, cataloging, processing and distribution of physical and digital library materials for these member libraries and their users across New York and around the world. In support of NYPL’s Strategic Priority of More People Reading More, this position will coordinate and support BookOps’ integral role in developing, supporting, expanding access to, and increasing NYPL’s e-book readership.
Reporting to the BookOps’ Deputy Director, Collection Management, the Assistant Director, E-Reading, will:
- Understand, coordinate with, and implement the Library’s e-reading strategies through the analysis, reporting and collections development activities undertaken by BookOps and NYPL’s Digital department
- Work with the Digital Leadership team and other key business partners to envision, develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices around the Library’s e-book collection
- Undertake, maintain, interpret, and present regular and detailed reports of relevant statistical data to senior business partners and decision-makers
- Work with key business partners to support expanding the reach and use of NYPL e-reading resources to the Library’s current and future patrons; SimplyE partners, including BPL; and beyond
- Investigate, recommend, and implement new models and priorities of e-book purchasing and lending to improve and support e-book collections and the e-reading experience
- Serve as member of BookOps’ Management Team, relevant Digital Working Groups, and other related internal and external professional groups
- Facilitate discussions with existing and prospective vendors on needed improvements and enhancements for NYPL's current e-reading services and experiences.
- Represent BooksOps, and by extension NYPL, in professional and public forums
For more information, please see: https://jobs-nypl.icims.com/jobs/11204/assistant-director%2C-e-reading/job
Published: Thursday, February 27, 2020 00:29 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, February 27, 2020 00:29 UTC