Do you have experience with library technology and are excited to help libraries further their mission?
If you answered yes to this question LYRASIS as the position for you. We are seeking a Python Engineer, preferably with OPs experience, to help us deploy, develop, and maintain various open-source library software products, with a specific focus on Library Simplified. This is a remote position and is suited for an individual with open-source technologies experience and has a passion for solving technical problems.
Library Simplified is an open-source e-book content aggregator developed for public library use by the New York Public Library. It aggregates content from a library's e-book vendors, integrates with the library's ILS for patron access, and provides access to open eBook content. It provides all this content to library patrons for checkout and downloads via a mobile app called SimplyE.
This will be a temporary, contract position, initially for 4-6 months, with the possibility for an ongoing, permanent position in the future.
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop/debug back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing deployment infrastructure, including log aggregation
- Review system logs (discern true errors from false positives) and translate errors into deployment updates yielding higher quality production log monitoring
- Load testing
- Help strategize a plan and then implement a staging/test environment separate from production application infrastructure
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand end-user/client requirements and provide technical solutions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ Years' experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Ability to work in a remote located team
- Good problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
The position is part of a geographically and institutionally distributed team, and, as such, applications from candidates interested in telecommuting are welcome.
Published: Thursday, February 27, 2020 00:29 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, February 27, 2020 00:29 UTC