Job Posting – Head of Digital Initiatives at Tisch Library, Tufts University (MA)
Job ID: 20001128
We have a great opportunity in the Resource Management and Repository Services Department of Tisch Library, Tufts University. Come work with us and be part of an innovative, service-oriented team!
The Head of Digital Initiatives leads the management and preservation of Tisch Library’s digital collections, ensuring that content and associated metadata is managed effectively across all library repositories, and aligning staff resources to support digital initiatives. The role provides integrated management of library repositories, cultivating teamwork and collaborative relationships to ensure that content and associated metadata are standards-based, interoperable, discoverable and useable, providing high-quality resources and services to facilitate scholarship at Tufts. The Head of Digital Initiatives works in close collaboration with the Library’s Head of Metadata Services, staff in Tufts Technology Services (TTS) and Digital Collections and Archives (DCA), and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the strategic direction for the Digital Initiatives Department. Build and communicate a shared vision that aligns with division, library and university priorities.
- In collaboration with the Head of Metadata Services, provide a holistic approach to the management and interoperability of data and metadata in all repositories including Alma/Primo, Tufts Digital Repository, Dataverse, OCLC, HathiTrust, etc.
- Hold primary responsibility for setting policies and procedures for the management of content added to the Tufts Digital Repository (TDR) and the repository for Research Data (currently Dataverse) for Tisch Library.
- Develop a robust digital preservation program for the Libraries.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with staff across Tufts libraries and with TTS and DCA, providing leadership and effective management of repository content.
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000.
The full job description is available online at: https://tufts.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=20001128&lang=en#.XkatmjArs8g.mailto
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 21:43 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 21:43 UTC