Come and join Library and Technology Services at Lehigh University as we embark on exciting new initiatives. Our highly motivated staff is known for working together on innovative projects. The Lehigh University Library is one of the Open Library Environment founding partners and is actively involved in the FOLIO open source library services platform project. We are founding members of other new initiatives such as the Project ReShare and PALCI Hyku for Consortia project.
Lehigh University Library is committed to excellence in supporting teaching, learning and research. We seek a service-oriented and collaborative professional to join our library technology team as the Senior Library Application Developer. This positon is an excellent opportunity to work within a team that is responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of a flexible and reliable technology environment and tools that support teaching, learning, and scholarship at Lehigh.
In collaboration with the library technology team, this Senior Library Application Developer position will work on various technology projects throughout the Library and Technology Services. This position serves as the technical lead for the continual development of the Islandora digital repository system, VIVO researcher profile network, and library Drupal website. Additionally, the Senior Library Application Developer will participate in new and innovative library technology initiatives that advance community-based applications for managing library resources and supporting teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Lehigh University Library is part of a unique merged Library and Technology Services, which allows for exciting collaborations and opportunities. This position will be closely collaborating with library departments, other LTS units, faculty, and students. The ideal candidate is someone who is an excellent developer, a strong collaborator, and an effective communicator, who takes pleasure working with a diverse and inclusive community of librarians, technology professionals, faculty, and students.
- Serve as the technical lead, developer and co-administrator of the library’s Islandora digital repositories and the VIVO based Researcher Profile Network.
- Lead the developing and maintaining the University Libraries’ web site, which is the central place providing access to library digital content and services.
- Participate in library technology projects. Develop, maintain and provide enhancements to library applications to ensure effective and efficient delivery of library digital resources and services.
- Minimum of five years of web application development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Library, Information, or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Experience with at least one programming language such as Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with Drupal CMS.
- Experience with Digital Repository management, RDF data model, and related standards.
- Ability to work with a variety of different departments within LTS and the University.
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, county and national criminal background checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance. Based upon the requirements of the position Lehigh may also request credit history reports, motor vehicle checks and professional license/certification verification
- Master’s degree in Library, Information, or Computer Science.
- Familiarity with linked open data concepts and techniques (Triplestores, SPARQL).
- Experience with Islandora Digital Repository Management systems.
- Graphic design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative suite and/or common multimedia editing software.
Review of applications begins on February 17, 2020 and continues until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://lehigh.hiretouch.com/position-details?jobid=58800
Lehigh University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Lehigh University provides comprehensive benefits including partner benefits. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds, cultures, experiences, identities, and abilities to apply for this opportunity to join Lehigh community.
ABOUT LEHIGH UNIVERSITY
Lehigh University is a highly competitive, research-oriented, private university located one hour north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City. For almost 150 years, Lehigh University has combined outstanding academic and learning opportunities with leadership in fostering innovative research. Lehigh’s four colleges provide graduate and undergraduate education to approximately 7,000 students.
Published: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 22:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 22:02 UTC