Metadata Analysis Librarian
Working Title: Metadata Analysis Librarian
Job Number: 512845
Job Description: The Metadata Analysis Librarian is an entry-level position that focuses on the creation, maintenance, analysis and enrichment of metadata representing the Library’s collections. The Librarian also works on high priority, unique projects, such as: analysis of themes relevant to diversity, inclusiveness, and equity within the Library’s collections; recommendations for increasing the ability of the Library’s collections in service of its most marginalized communities; and development of policy to enhance the accessibility of metadata creation processes. The Librarian is expected to communicate effectively about projects with colleagues and the professional community.
- Graduate of an ALA-accredited master’s degree program in library and/or information science or early career information professional or related field
- Professional commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Evidence of strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Working knowledge of at least one metadata creation and editing tool (e.g. OpenRefine);
- Familiarity with at least one non-MARC metadata standard (e.g. Dublin Core)
- Experience working with metadata in a digital library environment;
- Familiarity with or knowledge of Linked Data;
- Excellent time management and ability to successfully handle multiple priorities;
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to establish and build collaborative working relationships with a wide range of people;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to service;
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity;
- Familiarity with archival descriptive standards (especially DACS) and/or encoding standards (especially EAD and EAC-CPF);
- Demonstrated skills with tools for data manipulation, such as Open Refine, XSLT, or a scripting language such as Python or Ruby.
Must have background Check
How to apply for this job: Applications must be submitted online at https://careers.pageuppeople.com
Quick Link: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/512845/metadata-analysis-librarian
Employee Category: Administrative & Professional
Percent Employment: Full-time
Pay Range: $52,000
Work Location: Blacksburg, VA
Review Date: 3/12/2020
Published: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:46 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 18:46 UTC