Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Perform analysis to identify specifications of system and application projects to meet the stakeholders’ expectations and users’ needs, scheduled timelines, and budgetary targets. Assist the Assistant Director of Technology and Innovation Services in creating, communicating and managing project plans, including architectural design, data schema, technology selection, and methodologies to apply.
Perform small to moderate programming tasks in support of the development and delivery of systems and applications.
Maintain the Medical Library’s servers to meet service needs and support application deployment.
Provide ongoing maintenance and support for applications hosted by the Medical Library.
Collaborate with the Web Services Librarian to help implement user-centered interfaces for systems and applications.
Collaborate with the Medical Historical Library and University Library IT staff to identify and implement practical, innovative discovery solutions to our digitized collections.
Respond to information security incidents quickly with solutions. Troubleshoot and rapidly resolve problems with systems and applications.
May participate in the Library’s education program by offering technology training sessions for end users.
Collaborate with Yale ITS staff, University Library IT staff, Yale New Haven Hospital ITS staff, vendors, consultants and product specialists.
Apply and keep current with existing and emerging technologies and methodologies.
May perform other duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree. One year programming experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability in programming for MySQL or other major databases. Demonstrated ability in administering Unix/Linux server systems.
- Demonstrated ability in software development in a team environment using versioning tools such as Git for management, documentation, and sharing of source code. Knowledge of mitigating security vulnerabilities in networked applications.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication and analytical ability. Experience working collegially and cooperatively within and across organizations.
- Excellent customer service skills, flexibility and dedication to innovation, creativity and excellence. Demonstrated ability in managing multiple priorities.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Prior work experience in academic libraries or health science libraries. Familiarity with MARC 21, Dublin Core, METS, MOD. Experience using Apache Solr, Vagrant, Docker or containerized development/deployment strategies. Project management skills. Experience providing technology teaching, training and/or consultation. Experience creating programs to process, analyze and present scientific data.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers-59852BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, February 6, 2020 17:55 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, February 6, 2020 17:55 UTC