Data Integration Analyst
The Data Integration Analyst is responsible for core system infrastructure and the discovery services that support the NASA Scientific and Technical Information (STI) Program. This position works collaboratively with staff within the department, as well as with other departments, to support and enhance the user experience and operational efficiency related to the discovery system and repository API applications.
The Data Integration Analyst will play a key role in optimizing integration with third-party systems and applications to enable quality services, ensure efficient workflows, and meet the needs of the diverse user community. They provide the technical expertise needed to explore new technologies for data sharing and potential data integration with other like discovery systems.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of services related to resource discovery and management, including analysis tools, link resolvers, technical exchange interpretations and API as well as a working knowledge of cloud database technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (Amazon Redshift), S3, and/or Snowflake and/or Google Analytics. In addition, the individual should possess good time management skills, the ability to work on a team as well as independently, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Examples of Duties:
- Develops and implements procedures to integrate and maintain the NASA repository with third-party systems and applications.
- Utilizes available APIs and web services, develops or modifies API scripts as needed, for data retrieval and data integrations with third-party applications and systems.
- Prepares and maintains system logs to assist the program in maximizing data-driven decision making.
- Performs record loads and configures new collections and data sources to integrate into the discovery system.
- Researches, recommends and adopts standard and emerging cloud technology tools, techniques, methods and applications to improve efficiencies and provide new services to research patrons.
- Participates in research, development and other information technology-related projects as needed.
- Documents workflows and standards related to all aspects of the programs systems, services, and related applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in managing SDLC, a broad array of API software and API management tools, and technical exchange interpretation and support.
- Meets several of the preferred qualifications for the position.
- Experience supporting and developing one or more library discovery interfaces.
- Experience with JSON and AngularJS preferred.
- Working knowledge of one or more structured programming languages (PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, Node.js, etc.).
- Experience with web and user-centered design, assessment methodologies, and usability studies.
- Knowledge of standards and best practices for web accessibility and ADA compliance preferred.
- Understanding of library data formats and standards (MARC, Dublin Core, METS, MODs).
- Understanding of digital collection management systems and current access services protocols to access and retrieve digital content (e.g. Z39.50, OpenURL, NCIP, DOI, CrossRef, OAI).
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies, tools, and trends.
- Familiarity with analytic reporting from various systems for the extraction, manipulation, and visualization of data.
This position is with the LAMPS 2 contract at NASA Lengley Research Center. Interested applicants should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Monday, February 3, 2020 19:45 UTC