The Catholic Research Resources Alliance (CRRA) seeks applications and nominations from enterprising individuals to maintain and enhance the Catholic Portal through working with contributors to set up record loading, troubleshooting, writing instructions and member outreach. The administrators work remotely from their primary locations with an expected time commitment between 10 and 15 hours/month. They work closely with the host and hardware administrator of the Catholic Portal as well as members of CRRA. These positions offer opportunities to enhance an individual’s computing expertise, extend an individual’s professional network and support scholarship globally by enhancing discoverability of Catholic resources.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems relating to software configurations and records that do not load properly into the Portal,
- Work with new contributors to the Portal to set up record loading,
- Maintain instructions for members on making content available in the Portal,
- Serve on the CRRA Digital Access Committee to identify metadata guidelines, best practices, and protocols for making metadata and content accessible via the Portal, and
- Reach out to members via webinars and one-on-one consultations on making their content available in the Portal.
The administrators are members of the Digital Access Committee and also consult with the Collections Committee, the CRRA Executive Director and the CRRA Association Manager. Through the Committees, the administrators provide input to and seek advice from members and partners, the CRRA Board of Directors and other committees. The appointment is for a two-year, renewable term. An honorarium is available.
The desired qualifications include:
- A willingness to configure and troubleshoot software, such as perl, php, MARC and XML,
- A willingness to operate a computer from a command-line terminal,
- A willingness to learn,
- A willingness and ability to solve problems, and
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
Please send a one-page letter of interest with a C.V. to Laura Lyman, CRRA Association Manager. We will review all applications and nominations when submitted, and contact individuals for an interview with representatives of the Digital Access Committee, the Collections Committee, the Executive Director and the Association Manager. The positions are open until filled. Once filled, the administrator(s) will begin training as soon as feasible after their appointment by the Executive Director.
If you are nominating someone for this position, please submit the name and email address of the nominee, and CRRA will contact them directly. Please share this opportunity with others who might be interested.
Last updated: Friday, January 31, 2020 19:24 UTC