Digital Repository Services Manager
Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Digital Repository Services Manager.
The Digital Repository Services Manager is primarily responsible for leading the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and expansion of systemwide institutional repository, digital archives, and scholarly publishing services in support of campus-led digital library initiatives.
The CSU Chancellor's Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
This position requires:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and a minimum three years' directly related experience working with institutional repositories or digital archives systems.
The position works closely with librarians, administrators, and staff across the CSU to identify institutional repository, digital archives, and scholarly publishing needs, and therefore requires:
- An acumen for leadership.
- Strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This position involves the research, design, development, and maintenance of open source digital library systems. The incumbent will also manage the work of consultants and campus staff in the implementation and support of systemwide digital library projects, and therefore requires significant previous experience developing and deploying complex web applications, including:
- Demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented programming using modern web development frameworks. Preference given to experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing web applications using relational databases and indexing technologies. Preference given to experience developing and deploying applications using the Samvera framework and related technology stack, including Solr and Fedora.
- Experience in structured software testing and version control.
- Experience generating and maintaining documentation.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to constantly expand technical knowledge.
More information about the job available in the link.
Last updated: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 21:47 UTC