- Supports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
- Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
- May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
- Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
- May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
- Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
- May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The specialist is expected to work closely with the college's CIO and technology advisory group to ensure maximum utilization of the college's resources and network support for the Library, consistent with college and university policies governing IT and network use.
- Develops and maintains the library website including web pages, graphic design, statistics, documentation and applications associated with service enhancement.
- Supervises the library's electronic reserve service.
- Coordinates efforts of the BMCC Library to support and enhance library services through innovative use of information technologies.
- Participates in usability studies and the development of web-based instructional materials.
- Coordinates the Website Development Committee.
- Supervises college assistants or work study students in scanning and digitization.
- Keeps abreast of latest developments in library technology, the internet and related information technology.
- Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Experience in web design and web scripting languages; proficiency with PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, CSS, PHP, MySQL, and Wordpress; familiarity with a variety of library-specific applications.
- The preferred candidate will understand multimedia, graphics and web authoring techniques and server technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Master's degree in library science or related fields preferred. Previous work in a library environment and supervisory experience preferred.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC