Temple University Libraries Technology Development seeks a creative developer to help build and maintain modern web applications and data processes. Senior Developer's take the technical lead on projects, guiding development efforts and partnering with project managers and others to create user centred, performant, stable services for our users.
What you'll work on
- Contribute to ETL data pipelines with Airflow and Python.
- Contributes to building and maintaining cloud based infrastructure and deployment processes with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, CircleCI.
- Provide peer mentorship, and take technical ownership on projects and services by helping to plan and estimate solutions.
- Write and maintain documentation about application and systems.
- Contribute to open source and community-based software projects.
- Keep current with evolving web and library-related software and technologies
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and applications to support the Libraries and University Press, and other partner organizations supported by the Libraries.
- May supervise other developers (full-time staff or part-time student workers)
Useful experience and skills would include:
- Experience with ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes for moving data between systems.
- Experience deploying software to cloud environments.
- Experience with version control, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, including basic administration and shell scripting.
- Working well in a collaborative team-based environment
- Communicating well with technical and non-technical staff.
- Familiarity with library or cultural heritage data.
- Experience with software development in an academic library or higher education setting.
Temple University Library benefits include:
- Generous vacation and PTO allowances (that we want you to use)
- Excellent health care coverage options
- Flexible working environment
- Generous retirement contributions
Remote working may be considered for the right candidate.
How to apply
Submitted by: bibliotechy
Published: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 00:23 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 00:23 UTC