Assistant Professor, Research Data Librarian
Application review begins March 2, 2020
Oakland University’s Kresge Library seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented individual to join us as an Assistant Professor and Research Data Librarian to lead us in advancing student and faculty research and curricular innovation by offering research data support services. Successful applicants for this position will possess a strong commitment to research and teaching support and will demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging trends in data science, scholarly communication, and data curation. Candidates must demonstrate experience with or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Facilitating the continued development of an infrastructure and library services to support data discovery, curation, preservation and sharing
- Offering library programs to educate the campus community on data management requirements and best practices
- Guiding faculty and students in the discovery and use of existing research data sets
- Collaborating with subject librarians to facilitate the support of research data use within their liaison areas
- Providing training and support to library colleagues in all aspects of research data management
- Serving as a liaison librarian for select STEM disciplines to support instruction, collection development, and research
- Contributing to broader scholarly conversations through publications and presentations
- Participating in library, university, and professional service activities
- Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
- Experience working with datasets including data identification, curation, or retrieval
This is a tenure-track faculty position with an eight-month schedule; attainment of tenure is dependent upon job performance, scholarship, and service. Salary will be determined by credentials and experience. Oakland University offers excellent fringe benefits including TIAA/CREF and Fidelity retirement plans.
Oakland University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Applications accepted online only.
How to apply
Shawn Lombardo, search committee chair
Published: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 15:15 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 15:15 UTC