PCOM Georgia seeks a librarian who shares our values of a diverse and equitable workplace based on collaboration and teamwork. The position promotes access to digital resources by evaluating and recommending innovative uses of web technologies and monitors new library applications that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library outreach efforts to campus stakeholders. This position updates and maintains the library website, optimizes integration with third-party providers and applications, and manages our social media presence. The person in this position should be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of web development and usability. They must have a solid knowledge of various web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JSON, LibGuides, and Wordpress.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited graduate program, computer science degree, or combination of education and experience related to this position.
- Experience managing LibGuides 2.0.
- Experience using Bootstrap in a production environment.
- Experience working with Wordpress and/or Drupal CMS including installation, configuration, updating, and management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for front-end development and maintenance of the library website.
- Assists in the design of the library website and ensures alignment with branding standards from the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Responsible for content delivery of the website.
- Analyzes and understands web systems requirements in order to anticipate needed enhancements and ensure that the website is secure.
- Recommends and implements platforms, methods, and best practices for the website.
- Implement web technologies that will help the library pursue continuous improvement in the user experience, including accessibility.
- Test updates in the staging site before updating the live website.
- Implement guidelines and procedures for guide creation, updates, and maintenance.
- Updates all content with input and guidance from liaisons to ensure that information is correct and updated.
- Maintains continuity of look and feel between the website and LibGuides.
- Works with the Electronic Resources Librarian to ensure that links are correct and up-to-date on the library website and LibGuides.
Social Media and Promotion
- Creates, updates, and maintains social media accounts in compliance with PCOM policies.
- Interacts with users through social media to create positive online engagement in compliance with PCOM policies.
- Serves as a liaison to the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Maintain all system upgrades, modifications, and fixes. (OpenAthens, Voyager, ILLiad, and other discovery resources).
- Participate in collaborative development projects.
- Troubleshoot e-access problems reported by patrons and other library staff.
- Provides general reference support as needed for online e-resources and assist users as needed.
For a full job description and to apply please visit the following link:
Published: Monday, December 9, 2019 22:45 UTC
Last updated: Monday, December 9, 2019 22:45 UTC