Enterprise Knowledge is hiring for a full-time Systems Librarian to join our growing Federal Consulting Practice as we support our client, the DAU, at Fort Belvoir, As with all of our positions, we are seeking independent thinkers with exceptional communications skills, both written and oral. This position demands a deep understanding of research and information technology solutions and excellent analysis and consulting skills.
As an EK team member, you will have the opportunity to learn from enthusiastic colleagues, take advantage of our unique benefits, and help build our innovative culture. Don’t just take our word for it – we were recently featured as one of Washington Business Journal and Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Workplaces!
Responsibilties will include:
- Design, develop and maintain electronic interfaces on all library websites, including but not limited to, updating, optimizing, composing, and creating content in electronic format, performing coding in creating HTML5/CSS files, and performing coding to customize website using SharePoint, Springshare, LibGuides and other platforms.
- Perform system administration for DAU Knowledge Repository (KR) SirsDynix Symphony, including but not limited to, archives/digital asset management, daily back-up maintenance, report creation/modification, customization and coding of the Sirsi interface, and vendor support coordination with enterprise IT department.
- Maintain and optimize library federated searching tool to incorporate up-to-date library/enterprise resources
- Track, develop, and maintain usage metrics/analytics for online products and services used by the library and report monthly.
- Collaborate with key enterprise members for implementing enterprise taxonomy effort by experience with authoritative classifications and metadata associations ensuring traceability throughout learning assets optimizing access and enterprise/student discovery.
- Collaborate with enterprise IT to support authentication and single sign-on access, ensure systems documentation is updated and compliant, ensure systems security support, ensure established HTML5/CSS standards are consistently implemented on all library/enterprise websites/electronic interfaces, and ensure Section 508 accessibility requirements and compliance on 100% of library/enterprise websites/electronic interfaces.
- Collaborate enterprise-wide on information technology infrastructure. Provide leadership in solving problems associated with delivery of enterprise learning assets and electronic resources.
- Maintain and optimize library federated searching tool to incorporate up-to-date library/enterprise resources.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2-5 years library systems experience
- Masters in Library or Information Science (MS, MLS or MLIS) or related field
Last updated: Saturday, December 7, 2019 00:19 UTC