Full Stack Web Developer (Applications Programmer II)
Position: Full Stack Web Developer (Applications Programmer II) , Library Information Technology Department - Job #494576
Deadline: December 11, 2019
Pay Grade: 28S
The University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press seeks a Full Stack Web Developer (Applications Programmer II) to make digital initiatives and scholarly content available, accessible, and discoverable via the Web. The incumbent will participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of applications used to ingest, transform and deliver content.
Reporting to the Head, Library Information Technology Department, the major responsibilitiesof this position include:
- Provide systems design, analysis, and programming services to modify existing applications and themes. Follow coding standards and best practices. Write program documentation. Maintain applications.
- Produce web design prototypes and solutions that fit within accessibility, usability, and University-wide as well as Library, Museums and Press branding guidelines.
- Test applications to ensure they work properly and determine that applications meet client needs. Correct any problems encountered during testing.
- Provide technical support. Consult with stakeholders to determine needs, clarify issues, define problems, develop specifications, and recommend solutions. Keep stakeholders updated on project status. Attend project meetings to discuss project problems and issues.
- Maintain knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, programming languages, operating systems, security procedures and utilities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with colleagues and follow University, Library, and department policies and procedures. Work within the department's overall strategic plan following project priorities and scope. Meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
General Information: The University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press is committed to student success, scholarly research and inclusive excellence. The Library is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. The Library collaborates with strategic campus partners to achieve these priorities, as well as with national professional organizations including the Association of Research Libraries, Center for Research Libraries, Coalition for Networked Information, Council on Library and Information Resources, Digital Library Federation, Greater Western Library Alliance, OCLC Research Partnership, SPARC, HathiTrust, the National Digital Stewardship Alliance, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) and the ACRL Diversity Alliance. More information about the Library is available at library.udel.edu/.
Last updated: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 01:14 UTC